Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mount Up On Wings Like Eagles


     I remember very little from the “first” September 11th. I was in early elementary school and didn’t even hear about the attacks until I got home later in the afternoon. However, I can see clearly in my mind my mother standing before a television in our home glued to the screen. Though I am sure I paid the TV no mind my brain has seen fit to insert a video clip onto the TV screen in the memory since I now know what happened. I recall my mother telling me something bad had occurred by I didn’t worry about it very much, bad things happen every day on the news, I thought to myself.
      Only now do I realize the significance of that day, only now do I cry along with the rest of the country when those oh so famous newsreels are replayed. This past 9/11, I watched many of the TV specials about the attacks and will never forget what those Twin Towers looked like. This past year a trip to NYC gave me only a glimpse of the new memorial and its massive reflecting pool. As I passed I said a prayer for the families and thanked God that He protects me every day. I know there will never be enough words for the families of the victims but I hope a few of God’s words bring, at the very least, some comfort.  

     Isaiah 40: 31, But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment