Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baby You're A Firework


A Caterpillar

                A teacher of me once describes me as a caterpillar and my older sister as an oak tree. I was nervous for an AP test and my teacher knew that I was extra nervous because I was constantly comparing myself to my older, practically academically perfect sister. My teacher explained that my sister was an oak tree, strong and unmoving and unchanging. But she reminded me that I am more of a caterpillar, I wasn’t tall or impressive now but someday I get to be a butterfly.

A Manuscript

                When a book is sent to a publisher and it is not finished it is considered a manuscript. That’s how I see myself, mostly written but there’s still time for editing and revising and that editing and revising is inevitable.  Not yet finished not yet done, finding the ending is hard but its half the fun.

A Chameleon

                I have many different colors and I use some colors to hide from things.

A Geode

                A geode is a rock that when broken open contains quartz like stones that look like jewel s. Sometimes I think that people look at me and see the academic Ashley and expect me to act a certain way, a boring and dry way. But beneath the surface I think I’m very different than that, less boring and more interesting.

A Firework

                You have to have fire to set me off and then you have to light my fuse. I have a long fuse but when you reach the end of my fuse you should step back. Because when that fuse reaches its end… boom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment